I HAVE LEARNT


STILL ON REFLECTION! 



I have learnt not to overlook certain seemenly little things. They appear little and some of them are insignificant either because they have become acceptable trends or people are not aware of them. Although some of these trends have become culturally acceptable, it doesn't negate the fact that they are nonsikitor and against ethical standards of an egalitarian society.


In my relationship with people, I have learnt...

I have learnt how to listen as much as have learnt how to hear.



I have learnt to pay close attention to detail because I found out that it reveals my level of commitment and zest.  



I have learnt how to express myself and communicate in a simple and clear manner even when I am being misunderstood,  misinterpreted, and misjudged.



I have not only learnt how to acknowledge my wrongs but have embraced a teachable spirit that humbles me to learn from the best.



I have learnt how to say "am sorry"...In learning this, I have found out that apologising doesn't necessarily mean you are wrong,  it reveals your level of maturity, leadership, and your effort to live in peace with people just as the Bible instructs.



I have learnt to show love with out any carnal undertone.



I have learnt how to respond...even to a cruel boss.



I have learnt fundamental skills that  naturally bring me in the circle of influence. 



I have learnt to believe in the abilities of people and help them make the right decisions that are critical to their success. 

 

I have learnt not to trample on people with my position.



I have learnt to celebrate both simple and outstanding performances of people.



I have learnt to be sensitive to the needs of people.



I have learnt how to say " NO". Saying NO most times will save you from  making terrible mistakes. Learn the areas where it is necessary for you to say NO no matter what. 



I have learnt not to discuss my boss, my spiritual leaders and mentors even when I feel I haven't received a fair bit.  



I have learnt, I have learnt, and I have learnt...



But then, I have learnt how to carry myself with confidence such that even as I interface with various personalities,  I should be the first to give whatever virtue I desire to receive. It could be a smile, a warm reception, a comment that strengthens confidence, an applause,  a helping hand, an advice, or a hug.


In  all of these, I have learnt to live in peace with all men...


Let us pause and reflect!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!