GOOD BETTER BEST....

I can vividly remember one of the songs we sang in our primary school days "good better best, I shall never rest, until my good is better, and my better best." I know a lot of you can resonate with that song, and I can imagine you smiling as you take a quick stroll down memory lane, remembering the way you as u sang the song along with friends and matched down to class after words of admonition from a significant order in school. 

I can tell you that as at then, those words and songs were more of daily ritual because you have to be part of the assembly and morning devotion as the case may be. They barely made sense to me as an enthusiastic, playful child obviously because my mental astuteness could neither understand the degree to which it was relevant at that tender moment in my life nor apply it to my everyday life. 

Significantly, as I most often than not, in retrospect, I bask in the thoughts of the words that I heard as a little child and it's amazing to know that I still hear those words till today...the only difference is in attitude, personality, and delivery style of the instructor.  

I was working on a new project I picked interest in a couple of days ago. I was so excited when I produced my first result in baking for the very first time. I used the picture as my display picture. I went ahead to share with siblings and some like-minded creatures and amazingly I got some applause and encouragement.

I woke up the next day, enthusiastic and ready  to try new ways of doing the same thing and surprisingly the childish song sprang from my spirit...I started singing "good better best, I shall never rest, until my good is better and my better best." Few minutes later, I busted out in laughter...never mind what I remembered.

Friend, you can never get out of life the good, the better, and the best of yourself and the works of your hands if you stay complacent, fold your arms and expect a DHL delivery from heaven.

Life will only give to you what you decisively decide to have no less of. 
The world is yet to see the best of you emerge only if you can dare boldly to respond fully to the demands of your abilities.

Let your light illuminate the world.

You deserve!!!

Comments

Laura Nwodo said…
This is mind blowing! Amazing to the letter!! Thank you for this my lovely one. Xx

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

DO IT DIFFERENTLY THIS TIME/LET THE SPARK OUT!