CHOOSE NOT TO BE FRUSTRATED BY REV. UCHE DAN OKAFOR

Today, please pay attention, let me share some thoughts with someone out there who may not be excited or enthusiastic about life right now. 

I have discovered that every human being, rich or poor, successful or struggling, sick or healthy, popular or unknown, etc., at one point or the other in your life, one day you will wake up and you may not feel ‎excited about anything at all. Sometimes you don't feel like seeing anybody or talking to anybody. 
Every day of my life, I'm now used to people ‎coming to see me or calling on phone and beginning their conversations thus: "Rev, I'm dying...," "Rev, I'm tired of this life..." "Rev, to tell you the truth, I'm confused about my life..." "Sir, I don't know what to do again, I think I've gotten to the end of the road..." Some will even say, "Rev, I don't know what the problem is, but I'm just not happy. I can't even put my finger on what is troubling me."
What I'm sharing here is that this lack of excitement or enthusiasm about life happens to everyone‎, once in a while, even successful people experience it. That's why sometimes we hear of celebrities committing suicide. 
However, those who are going through difficult situations in one area of their lives or the other are more susceptible to these feelings. Also, those who are Introverts (reserved, keeping to themselves, not used to talking about their problems with people) will experience these more than Extroverts (who are always outgoing, laugh more, surrounded by friends more etc). 
There is actually no problem having this loss of excitement once in a long while; the problem is when you allow this to become more regular or last for a long time, like a whole day, weeks or even months‎. That's when it becomes very dangerous. 
Moses was depressed many times: Exodus 5.20-23, he accused God of bringing trouble upon Israel and not rescuing them from Pharaoh. ‎Numbers 11.10-15, he even asked God to kill him. 
Elijah in 1 Kings ‎19.4, clearly told God, "I have had enough Lord," "Take my life." 
Jesus Himself, realizing the enormity of the sufferings before Him, said, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death..." (Matthew 26.38 NIV). ‎
So, dear friend, whenever you feel down, nothing unusual is happening to you. But realize that all these men, picked up themselves and moved ahead with their assignments. They felt down, but did not remain there. 
No matter how difficult, complex, hopeless or how long your case may be, don't allow yourself to remain down for too long. David said, "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God" (Psalm 42.5 NIV). This should be our attitude. 
Wherever you are reading this, whoever you are, whatever is going on in your life, you have a choice: You can decide to wear your challenges like a cloth for everybody to see on your face and allow your problems steal your smile or joy. You can also decide to keep smiling, praying and hoping on God in the midst of so many contradictions or challenges in your life. 
CHOOSE TO SMILE! CHOOSE NOT TO BE FRUSTRATED! One day, God will say it is your Time to rise above that situation and that will be the end. 
Like Apostle Paul will say, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" (Philippians 4.4 NIV). 
God Bless You! 
Yours for Souls, Rev Dr Uche Dan Okafor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!