CAN ONE POSSIBLY HIDE ONE'S SUCCESS?

Happy weekend friends. Just to share with you a little conversation I had with a colleague yesterday. Read below:

Enkay: "I have come to realise that when you are happy and successful in your marriage or career or you are succeeding generally, people (friends) are not genuinely happy for you. But when u have a lot to complain about, advisers will be flowing in left, right and centre. I feel it is safe if one keeps some of those things going well for one with one and loved ones and do not make it so public for people to see". 

Here's my response:

Well... the truth is "a gold fish does not have a hiding place". So your success always announces you, no matter how hard you try to hide it. Then I ask, what do you do? Just be wise and hide yourself and all your successes to GOD.  Then and only then will you be safe! 

Do you think my colleague is right? Do you think am right as well? Please share your thoughts.

Comments

Laura Nwodo said…
This is a beautiful and real conversation. I love your response and I don't think Enkay is wrong. It's a shame!!! But your response is super perfect dear Neme. It's better not to announce every success,let God do the announcement and if people are not happy with it, It's their problem and not yours. Thank you dear Neme for this beautiful and meaningful one to one. X
Thank you so much dear for sharing your thought. I appreciate your insight. Well said dear.
Unknown said…
Some genuine people will be happy and the fake ones will pretend to be happy. There are obvious success which means they cannot be hidden. But, one must still be careful to save people or friends the details.

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

DO IT DIFFERENTLY THIS TIME/LET THE SPARK OUT!