WHY YOU NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.


What do you do when things go wrong or do not go as planned? For example, a fight with your partner or your colleague(s) at work or some stranger out there? There are lots of examples, I only used these few for reference. Do you go on a blame game or do you take responsibility for your actions? It is so easy to blame people or the situation  we find ourselves because we do not want to be perceived as weak. I know this because I have been there.

Growing up, my parents never took responsibility for a lot of things they did and because they're our parents, they got away with them. They were constantly in control and never admitted to any wrong. My parents never said sorry to me (maybe they did to my siblings), and that hurt so much because most times, I needed to hear that from them and it never came. So that affected me so much which was why I never said sorry until I started learning to say sorry from my husband when we got married; it took a while though, but I got there and there's always room for improvement.

I never took responsibility, blaming was so easy for me even when I was the one at fault. You see, you may think that blaming others gives you power over them or the situation, but truth is, it weakens you and stands in your way of becoming a better person. As long as you keep blaming someone, you will never have the power to change that situation.

Taking responsibility gives you the power to actually do something about your situation and make those changes. This is the first step to recovery, healing and change. Stop blaming and take responsibility.

Comments

Laura Nwodo said…
Powerful!! Get your talk show already!!!
You know right. Will surely do. Thank you so much.

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!