WHO DO YOU CALL A FRIEND?



Sometimes back, I had an argument with a close friend who thought I was harsh when I turned down someone who addressed me as her friend. Because she's friends with her and we had some sort of proximity, she started addressing me as her friend and would pick offence when I wasn't forth coming with some information or letting her into my space.

I've always known that proximity does not equate friendship-genuine friendship. Thanks to learning the hard way!

There must be a standard to measure friendships/relationships. There are general relationships and there are seasonal relationships. But there are covenant or destiny relationships.

That standard must be met before you can consider someone as your friend. This is not the time to joke with your life and destiny. The people out there are not as genuine and innocent as you, so you must be as wise as a serpent and as harmless as a dove. 

Seasons come and go, but there are relationships that have stood the test of time.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I just love this!! I’m equally learned the hard way but the good news is we’ve been given the opportunity to approach life with a better and more enlightened mindset. Thank you for this post Nemerulez. Such a rich blog 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
Thank you for your comment. Indeed, we've been given the opportunity to approach life with a better and more enlightened mindset.

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!