HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW HIM?




Rose:  I feel I am having the best time of my life.


Diane: Really? How so?


Rose: My fiancé, he is such a lovely man. He makes me happy.


Diane: I knowww dear. It is so obvious that you are happy.


Rose: I really thank GOD.


Diane: Don't get me wrong  my friend, but can i ask you some things?


Rose: (with excitement) Go ahead.


Diane: How well do you know this guy?


Rose: I know him very well. I know his family. I know where he lives and work. He does not hide anything from me. We are so compatible. 


Diane: Ok dear. I am happy you said all these with confidence. How about his christian life?


Rose: mmmmm, he is not really into the church things, but he is a very wonderful man. So harmless. I so love his person.


Diane: But you are a very good christian. You feel that is not a minus on his resume? Because if he is not a christian  or not into the church things as you put it, will you cope with such a man who sees the world differently from the way you see yours?


Rose: (hissed) Don't worry my friend, my fiancé is not a difficult man, i will introduce him to church when we get married.


Diane: Why not now?


Rose: Ha! I do not want him to feel I am a fanatic and moreover, he has a negative notion about men of GOD. So I don't want to rush him. I am taking my time. 


Diane: Really, Rose? 


Rose: Yes, really. 


Diane: Ok. I can see you are very sure about your stand. I have little or nothing to say. But one more question, should i?


Rose: Well, go ahead. But  I am beginning to get irritated.


Diane: I care about you my friend. I do not want you to be deceived. I have heard stories my friend. All that glitters is not gold.


Rose: What is your question, I want to go home now? (feeling irritated).


Diane: How about his phone? Do you have access to his phone?


Rose: You are very funny and naive, Diane. What am I doing with his phone? He has his privacy and I have mine. Why should I pry into his privacy? It is childish. No, I do not have access to his phone. Moreover, his phones has a password and I respect that.


Diane: Unbelievable! Like seriously? (surprised). Can you hear yourself Rose? What has come over you? I do not believe you. What? You do not have access to his phone and it does not bother you?


Rose: Why should it? I am mature. We both have an understanding.


Diane: (Laughing mockingly). Wow! You need to slow down my friend. This is ridiculous. You cannot possibly be serious about getting married to this guy. At least not yet. How sure are you that this guy is all sincere and truthful to you? Why is his phone passworded? And why do you not have access to his phone? How do you know what he is up to? Pleaaaase my friend, slow down. If you can listen to me, do not marry this guy yet until you have found out some basic facts about him.



Rose: There is nothing to worry about. I have it all under control.


Diane: Do not say I did not warn you.


Rose: Bye Diane. Enough please. 


Diane: Alright dear. I wish you the best.


Rose:  Now you are talking. Thank youuuu.


Six Months Later After the wedding


Diane: Woooowwwww. Is that you Rose? So good to see you. ( So excited)


Rose: Diane (look of guilt), how are you?


Diane: Are you ok, Rose? You do not look happy. What is the matter?


Rose: (Trying to cover up her emotion) Oh, no problems at all. I am just surprised to see you. You look well. I am sorry I have not been picking your calls, it was not deliberate. Are you married now?


Diane: Yes I am, that was why I was calling you, but you never picked my calls and you never returned them. I thought I was being a bother to you, so I decided to let you be. 


Rose: I am so sorry (eyes filled with tears). It has not been easy for me. I am in hell.


Diane: I dont understand. What do you mean you are in hell?


Rose: I married a devil. Infact, he is worse than the devil.


Diane: You cannot be serious. You mean your husband? The same man you said all those good things about?


Rose: (Crying bitterly). Yes, the same man.


Diane: ( angry and disappointed). Oh my GOD! Rose!!!! Why??? (tears rushing down). I do not want to say I told you. I do not want to add to the pain you are already in. I am so shocked. What???



Rose: (Still crying bitterly). Just go ahead and blame me Diane. Blame me. Maybe that is what I need. I brought this upon myself. This man is a devil, Diane. He bits me at any little provocation. He is a womaniser, a drunk, a smoker. He is the devil himself. I am so gone. I have had two miscarriages as a result of his beatings. Please Diane help me. He has stopped me from visiting my family or seeing any of my friends. The whole problem started when I told him that I was no longer comfortable with the way he keeps his phones away from me.


Diane: (mouth wide open in shock)!



Shocking Right? Please dear Ladies, how well do you know this man? Your future and destiny is determined by the man you spend the rest of your life with. Do not let what happened to Rose to be your fate. You have a lot of work to do by finding out who he truly is. These "things" are not hidden, just that most times we chose to turn a blind eye, claiming not to know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!