WHY THE MEMORIES LIVE ON


THE IMAGE OF PICTURES






Each time I take a picture, either a personal or a group one, I am always very keen to see how I appeared in the picture. I find myself taking multiple pictures just to make sure I capture an image that appeals to my emotion...I keep taking pictures because I haven't found one that wows me and reveals the expression I want to  communicate, however I keep taking the shots until that which I seek is delivered either in black and white or in coloured.




Everywhere I go, on the road, at events, in schools, in malls, even in taxi's, I see people posing to take pictures. The intriguing  part of this daily activity is that it cuts across all categories of people; children, teenagers, adults and more advanced persons.  Basically, different  emotions are  attached to pictures and as much as they  preserve memories of "the good old days", they remind us of the days of little beginning, folks that came into our lives, people that have contributed to our success stories, the like-minded creatures whose consistency's spoke volume in our lives, the physical transformation and refinement, the hurting moments, the ones dear to our hearts that have gone to the other side... Apart from all these expressions, people will and always will want to appear exceptionally appealing in pictures because the feel it gives is more than a souvenir.



I walked into a friends room and found her gazing at an old picture, although her face wasn't filled with gigantic smiles, it was encapsulated with a calm smile and a  deep expression of satisfaction which was obvious as I admired the combination of her dimples and dentition which made her glow. That expression strengthened my convictions about the memories that are created in pictures. These memories out live us as they bring back in detail the cause of events, how it influenced or affected us, how we reacted or responded, the value we created and even the memories we want to discard.


In addition, due to the unawareness of possible futuristic happenings, pictures are taken, most of the time not with the intention of archiving memories but for self gratification and satisfaction.

In simple terms, people love taking pictures and they pose with such an outstanding gusto that is thrilling.

Comments

TreasuredMinds said…
Omggggg! U got me right here dear. I could say I'm a poser pics freak and you ve given me reason to do more of it. Often times I bring out pics of d past just to reminisce,and laugh off stress. We can't over emphasize on d need for pics.Meanwhile, this pics on d page is wow!
Thanks so much dear treasure. Life is indeed for us to explore and relish on those sweet memories that last forever. I appreciate your comment. ×××

Popular posts from this blog

WORD FOR THE DAY

WORD FOR THE DAY

GUARD YOUR HEART AND SPACE!